Dolphin International ,
Latif centre Plaza,
Study abroad has number of unique benefits & advantages; here are some is a sampling of the reasons why study abroad is something for you to consider:
- It’s a great growth experience - When you study abroad youll be challenged to live among people unlike yourself in a foreign country. The everyday challenges this introduces will cause you to mature, increase your confidence and self-esteem, and ultimately make you a more well-rounded person.
- Gain a better understanding of the world - When you live in a foreign country you will begin to see yourself within the context of the greater world around you. Seeing the ˜big picture’ can prompt you to question the views you’ve held about the unfamiliar and reconsider biases and prejudices.
- Develop your foreign language skills - When you are forced to use another language to conduct everyday business outside of class, for instance at the grocery store or in a restaurant, you’ll see how much easier it is to pick the language up. There’s nothing like immersing yourself in another culture to learn the nuances that a book can’t give you.
- Increase your marketability - Another study abroad benefit will materialize as you seek employment. Employers view students who have studied abroad as more respectful of different viewpoints and better positioned to handle the demands of the working world with maturity than their peers. And if you’re bilingual, that’s even better!.
- You’ll be a more valuable employee - Study abroad will continue to benefit you throughout your career. As borders continue to blur in the business world, and bottom lines become more dependant on foreign relationships, those with experience living abroad will be in increasingly higher demand. And those with experience abroad oftentimes make better candidates for leadership positions.
- Work internationally - Living in another country also opens up opportunities for working overseas. From teaching abroad to getting work at a foreign company, study abroad opens up a world of possibilities.